Trawsfynydd Leisure Village
Call us Today: 01766 540 219
Bunkhouse Access Statement
Please ensure you read all four sections of our Bunkhouse Access Statement.
Transport, Location and General Village Information:
- The village is hilly and access from the bunkhouse to the reception is along a minor road that has no pavements or street lighting. Access onto the children's play area is over a lawn.
- The Bunkhouse is located at the end of a dead end road that is used only for access to the Bunkhouse and the Rhiw Goch Inn.
- Free car parking facilities are directly adjacent to the bunkhouse. The car park is sufficiently big enough to allow coaches.
- Assistance can be offered during office hours only, and by calling at reception first.
- The closest bus stop is at the A470 junction. This is 1/2 mile from the bunkhouse.
- A public telephone kiosk is adjacent to this bus stop.
- The closest village is Trawsfynydd which is 2 miles away. The nearest towns are Porthmadog (14 miles) and Dolgellau (10 miles).
- Mobile Phone connection is only available via Vodafone and Orange as masts are just above the village.
- A free run area is allocated for dogs; this area is however on rough and uneven ground.
- There is a good colour contrast to floor walls and doorways.
- Wheelchair access is possible into the bunkhouse itself (access doors are a minimum of 0.83m wide), but access into the bedrooms (door width 0.76m) and bathrooms (door width 0.7m) is more restricted. A disabled toilet is available. There is a 15cm step into the showers and the shower doors are 0.7m wide.
- Access to the back of the bunkhouse and BBQ area is on coarse hardcore.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
Reception and Shop facilities:
- Opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9am-5pm, on Sundays and Bank holidays from 9.30.
- Car parking is adjacent to the building.
- Access is via a ramp and two manually opened doors 0.9m wide. The shop and reception is level throughout.
- Seating is available for waiting if necessary.
- Counter height is suitable for people in wheelchairs or with restricted growth.
- There is a unisex toilet within the reception which is wheelchair accessible.
- Emergency Contact numbers for out of hours and plan of the holiday village are displayed outside the reception.
- Standard sized washing machine and tumble driers are available 24hrs/day
- Access is via a 15cm step, door width is 0.6m, but with assistance can be opened up to 1.2m.